A Real Debate
A Real Debate is an achievement in New Campaign Trail. To receive this achievement, the player needs to win as Obama in base 2012, while proposing Obamacare's expansion, and talk at length about liberalism.
Guide[edit | edit source]
1. I will pledge a new commitment to liberalism and economic revival. Our social programs and unions need to be protected. In those areas where Republicans continue to stand in the way of progress, we will look for other ways to get things done.
2. I will talk at great length about how we've drifted from the tradition of liberalism that was built by the likes of Roosevelt, Johnson, and Humphrey. I will reaffirm my commitment to this vision in my second term.
3. American Exceptionalism -- Providence has given America to the world as an inspiration, and we must vigorously defend the ideals of peace and freedom wherever they may be threatened.
4. The proper authority for enforcement rests with the federal government. This law goes further than federal laws and even if constitutional, should be repealed.
5. Gay marriage should be protected at the federal level. The Defense of Marriage Act should be repealed.
6. I support letting the cuts expire. It's time that wealthy Americans paid their fair share for the opportunities our society gives to them.
7. There should be a public insurance company offering health care to all Americans. Private insurers are simply too greedy and too likely to turn down people with pre-existing health conditions.
8. Perhaps not a Constitutional Amendment. These should be reserved for the most serious of issues. I think we can investigate maybe other ways to prevent money from having an undue influence in politics.
9. This has the potential to develop into another out-of-control federal program. It's best not to go down that road.
10. We should have been more active in brokering a compromise solution between Mubarak and the protestors.
11. Nuclear power has proven itself to be a dangerous policy idea. We should be moving away from nuclear and into more environmentally friendly types of energy.
12. Of course I am opposed to the policies of Scott Walker. The only reason I wasn't in Wisconsin on the day of his recall election was that I needed to campaign in more competitive states to maximize our chances of winning this fall.
13. The good people of South Carolina have already worked out a compromise on this issue, and I don't see how it's useful for us today to revisit that.
14. The Department of Agriculture uses subsidies to rationally manage food production. It would be foolish to reverse that policy.
15. What can you say? We've all been out here for weeks with very little sleep. No one knows more about foreign policy than Joe Biden, so I'm sure it was just a slip of the tongue.
16. We must do whatever it takes to preserve Medicare. This program is one of the most important functions of the federal government.
17. Any trade deals should be negotiated with a fair balance between American and Chinese interests. China is not doing enough to protect the rights of their workers, which gives them an unfair advantage in global trade.
18. I think that what we have now is sufficient. There's no need to constantly revisit this issue when the Border Patrol has seen documented success in reducing immigration over the past few years.
19. We have passed the Dodd-Frank Act to analyze systemic risks to the financial system.
20. We plan to attack Romney's record relentlessly. He oversaw numerous outsourcings and corporate downsizings in his time as CEO, and his company represents the dark side of American business.
21. This is the first step that those who wish to abolish Social Security would like to implement. The integrity of Social Security should be preserved at all times.
22. If our opponent does that kind of thing, then we will certainly follow suit.
23. Under no circumstances would the United States consider that as a course of action.
24. We should have more laws and regulations to reduce our total carbon emissions. Sensible next steps include some combination of a cap-and-trade program domestically, as well as international agreements with other nations.
25. This is a valuable component of our international presence. We should maintain the funding we have in place, which is miniscule in proportion to our overall budget.