Guide[edit | edit source]
1. I will pledge a new commitment to liberalism and economic revival. Our social programs and unions need to be protected. In those areas where Republicans continue to stand in the way of progress, we will look for other ways to get things done.
2. I will talk at great length about how we've drifted from the tradition of liberalism that was built by the likes of Roosevelt, Johnson, and Humphrey. I will reaffirm my commitment to this vision in my second term.
3. This program will be a disaster. Not only is it an unconstitutional violation of personal freedom, but it will lead to a decline in American health care and will prove to be financially impossible to maintain without socializing the health care system.
4. Non-Intervention -- Most of our foreign troop deployments are relics of the Cold War. We need to stop occupying other nations and focus on fixing our problems here at home.
5. Our most productive citizens need further tax cuts to stimulate business confidence, investment, and further job creation.
6. Under no circumstances should the sacred institution of marriage be undermined. The Defense of Marriage Act was passed specifially to address this issue.
7. The federal government has forced Arizona's hand by being too lax on enforcement for far too long.
8. We need greater cooperation between government and corporations. I'm not opposed to government investments and even ownership of key industries, where appropriate.
9. This has the potential to develop into another out-of-control federal program. It's best not to go down that road.
10. I support abstinence-only education, and believe that federal funding should be tied to adherence with this policy.
11. I support a wall and I support the presence of American troops. The purpose of the military is to defend our borders.
12. The government has no business regulating the value of a home. We will never fully recover from this recession until prices are allowed to find their floor, and then start increasing through market forces.
13. There are plenty of ways we can strengthen this system by reducing the role of government within it. For example, younger Americans should have the option to invest in personal health accounts.
14. Climate change is a hoax purveyed by a collection of scientists and liberal politicians to provide them a pretext for further intervention in the economy.
15. I don't think this is an issue. It just goes to show how as we become more modern in our views as a society, that sexual harassment will become less of an issue in the workplace.
16. I think some people need to grow up and view our national security in a more realistic fashion.
17. Too big to fail is too big to exist. It's pathetic just how much our representatives have allowed themselves to be bought by financial institutions.
18. Not at all. Even companies that have been caught red-handed hiring illegals have gotten away with token fines. This happens all of the time in the meat processing industry, for instance.
19. The Confederate Flag is a symbol of southern heritage and history. I don't see a problem.
20. Some her views I think have become, you know, a little extreme perhaps. Ms. Warren has good intentions but I'm not sure that I would go so far as to offer her another position in an Obama Administration.
21. It would be inhumane to suggest that we shouldn't be giving payouts to people who lose everything in a natural disaster.
22. We'll have to make decisions like these at some point. It's better to do so now when we still have some control over the outcome, rather than waiting for a budget crisis to kick in.
23. We have the example of Solyndra staring us in the face, and people want to do the same thing again with other companies? We should end this program as soon as possible.
24. The United States has no right to say who should or shouldn't have a nuclear weapon.
25. Yes this is bad, but what are the alternatives? Should we let Pakistan fall to Muslim fundamentalists as well?