The Wiki Trail:Wiki rules
From The Wiki Trail
Below is a suggested set of rules to follow when editing this wiki. Administrators of this wiki should read these rules and adapt them as necessary.
- Keep it civil: Do not make personal attacks on other people. If you need to criticize another user’s argument, do so without attacking them as a person. Do not use bigoted language, including slurs which degrade another person or group of people based on gender, race, sexual orientation, nationality, religion, etc, with the exception of directly listing language used in a base game election/mod.
- Be a productive member of the wiki: Contribute to the wiki in line with the established processes and conventions. Need help? Ask an administrator! Disrupting the wiki with “edit warring” over differing opinions of a topic with another user or group of users is not productive.
- Do not engage in excessive self-promotion: The wiki is a collaborative community resource for the topic at hand. It is NOT a free place to advertise your related website, YouTube channel, blog, social media account, etc. Have a question about whether your link would be welcome? Ask an administrator!
- Do not harass other users: If somebody asks you to stop posting certain content on their wall, respect their wishes. It is their wall.
- Do follow community guidelines for formatting: When a community has established formatting, it’s important to adhere to that, especially when spoiler content is involved.
- Do not write about the reception or quality of your own mod: While we encourage modmakers to create pages about their mods and utilize their unique knowledge of their mods' conceptualization, development and gameplay, we are, to maintain this site's neutrality, banning modmakers from writing "reception", "reaction", "criticism" or other such elements of pages which discuss the public reception to the mod, to avoid bias. We also forbid users from making or writing pages about themselves for the same reason (this rule exludes user pages). Any changes made that contravene this prohibition will be reverted.